Everything that you need to know about your favorite, none other than Van Jones with his net worth, his height, weight and currently How old is he? with his career, movies, family members, and biography. This updated information compliments everything you need to know to keep a tab on the lifestyle followed by Van Jones with their earnings averaging monthly or yearly, how much Van Jones Net worth in 2020? and everything else that matters.
Van Jones Net Worth: $1.5 million
Van Jones Biography
Van Jones is an American news analyst, journalist, and non-practicing lawyer who has also worked as the Special Advisor for Green Jobs for President Barack Obama. Jones is also the co-host of CNN's “Crossfire” political discussion show Jones was also awarded the NAACP President's Award, and was even named one of the world's 100 most influential men.
What is Van Jones Famous for?
Popular as co-host of CNN's “Crossfire” political discussion series.
When and Where was Van Jones Born?
Van Jones was born in Jackson, Tennessee, United States on 20 September 1968. Anthony Kapel Jones was born. The American nationality. Jones belongs to African-American ethnicity while his zodiac sign is Virgo.
Van Jones was born into a well-educated family as her father, Willie Anthony Jones, was a middle school principal and his mother, Loretta Jean, was a high school professor. Jones, along with his twin sister, Angela Jones, was born in the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church where his grandfather was a member. As a boy, Jones was bookish and weird.
In 1986, Jones graduated from Jackson Central-Merry High School. He later received a B.S. from Tennessee University at Martin (UT Martin). Of Political Science and Communication. He entered the Yale Law School in 1992, and graduated with a J.D. Diploma 1993.
Jones had also previously served as an reporter for the Jackson Sun, the Shreveport Times, and the Associated Press. In 1992, Jones was also affiliated with the Lawyers 'Committee for Civil Rights, and in 1996, Jones formed a new umbrella NGO, Ella Baker Human Rights Centre.
Van Jones Career Highlights
- In many advocacy organizations, Van Jones served as the Executive Director.
- In 1998 he was awarded “Reebok International Human Rights Prize.”
- In 2008 Jones wrote his first book called The Green Collar Economy.
- In 2008 Jones was awarded the “Puffin / Nation Innovative Citizenship Competition” and the “Young Global Leader” World Economic Forum.
- Jones was named to the White House Council on Environmental Quality in March 2009 as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, Industry, and Innovation.
- In 2010 Jones joined the Center for American Progress as a senior fellow.
- In 2011, Jones began an advocacy project called “Rebuild The Vision.”
- Jones published his second novel, titled “Rebuild the Vision,” which debuted in April 2012 at No. 16 on the New York Times Best Seller list.
- Jones was appointed co-host of a reboot of the 2013 CNN political discussion series, “Crossfire.”
- He was also former President Barack Obama's Administrator counselor.
- Jones also won “NAACP President's Award,” “Vanguard Award for the Rainbow Move Alliance” and “David E. Glover Vanguard Award” in 2015.
- In 2016, Jones launched a television documentary show on CNN, “The Messy Truth.”
- In 2017, Jones began a series of studio discussions, “The Messy Reality with Van Jones,” broadcast on CNN.
- Jones launched “The Van Jones Show” on CNN in 2018, with Jay-Z as his first guest.
- Jones is also the president of “The Dream Corps” which owns many advocacy projects and runs them.
- Along with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy, Jones had also formed “Advocates for Opioid Treatment.”
- Jones was also named “Environmental Hero” and “Elle Magazine Eco Awards” by Time Magazine.
- Jones also sits on Demos board of trustees.
Who is Van Jones Married To?
Van Jones, the longtime CNN anchor, was married to social activist Jana Carter. Carter was the founder of the ethnic reconciliation initiative for the USA Quest for Common Ground. However, after living together for 13 years, Jones and Carter had tied a knot in 2005, the pair made a decision to divorce and split their paths. Jones and Carter had two sons together: Cabral Jones and Mattai Jones.
How Much Does Van Jones Earn?
Van Jones, the 51-year-old, has quiet a great earnings as a news analyst, journalist, and attorney through his professional career. Jones managed to accumulate a great fortune in millions of dollars through his various projects, shows, and books of attorney. Jones loves his fortune, priced at $1.5 million.
As a news anchor on CNN, Jones used to earn an annual salary of $57,000.
How Tall is Van Jones?
Van Jones is a tall, dark and glassy looking man. Jones is tall at an elevation of 6 ft. 1inch.(1.85 m) his body weighs around 87 kg. Jones has a dark, black rugged body and dark brown skin.
Quick Facts Of Van Jones
|Celebrated Name||Van Jones|
|Birth Name||Anthony Kapel Jones|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Jackson, Tennessee|
|Best Known For||Co-host of CNN's political debate show, “Crossfire”|
|Father||Willie Anthony Jones|
|High School||Jackson Central-Merry High School|
|College / University||University of Tennessee|
|Education||B.S. in communication and political science|
|University||Yale Law School|
|Educational Qualification||J.D. degree|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Son||Cabral Jones and Mattai Jones|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Height||6ft. 1inch.(1.85 m)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|