Thomas Gibson Net Worth: $18 million
Thomas Gibson Biography
Thomas Gibson is an American actor and producer who in the CBS show Chicago Hope played Daniel Nyland. He also played Greg Montgomery on the Dharma & Greg ABC show, as well as Aaron Hotchner on the Criminal Minds CBS show (2005–2016).
Thomas Gibson Age: 57 Years
Thomas Gibson Height: 6 feet 1 ½ inch.
Thomas Gibson Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- An American actor and producer.
- He played the role of Daniel Nyland, ABC series Dharma & Greg as Greg Montgomery and CBS series Criminal Minds as Aaron Hotchner in the CBS show Chicago Hope.
Gossip and Rumors
Rumors have been swirling that Thomas Gibson has cancer due to the apparent weight loss. The reports were never confirmed however.
Early Life of Thomas Gibson
Thomas Gibson was born as Thomas Ellis Gibson. He was born in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America. He was born as the son of mother Beth Gibson and father Charles M. “Mac” Gibson. His mother was a social worker and his father was a lawyer and liberal Democrat. His ethnicity is mixed (Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh ancestry) and nationality is American. His star sign is Cancer. There is no information about Gibson’s siblings.
He was raised in Roman Catholic background. He became more interested in acting since his childhood days.
Taking about his education, He studied at the Little Theater School and the Bishop England High School. In the period between 1979 and 1981, he studied at the College of Charleston. Later, he got a scholarship for studying at the reputable Juilliard School, from which he graduated in 1985 with a B.F.A. degree.
Career of Thomas Gibson
- Thomas made his stage debut at the New York Shakespeare Festival, in David Hare’s’ A Map of the Universe.’ He has continued to work for producer Joe Pap in many plays whether in Central Park or in Public Theatre.
- For the next ten years he also performed on and off Broadway playing a varied part in plays by Shakespeare, Moliere, Tennesy Williams, Romulus Linney, and Allan Ball to name a few. His big-break came when he was asked in 1987 to debut as a guest role as Robbie on CBS’s Legal Drama TV show ‘ Leg Job.’ It followed with other appearances on television such as Guiding Light as Peter Latham, Lincoln as William Sprague, Chicago Hope as Daniel Nyland and Caroline as William Stevens in the Village.
- Thomas is most popularly known for the Dharma & Greg series (1997-2002) where he plays the role of a conservative lawyer who on his first date is married to a free-spirited yoga teacher Dharma as’ opposites attract each other’ is mentioned. Their conflicting perspective produced comical and amusing situations and was much enjoyed by the spectators. This series has received one Golden Globe Award. Thomas also directed the last two seasons of this show (2001-2002) He has served as prosecutor Aaron Hotchner for 6 seasons in the’ Criminal Minds ‘ television series (2005-2016). The software deals with the F.B.I Behavioral Analysis Team, an elite group of profilers who evaluate and deter violent offenders and serial killers from their next attack. For three of Primetime Emmy’s it was nominated. Since 2013 until 2016, he also directed six series of this program.
- Gibson has appeared as Greg (2011) in two American sitcoms such as’ Two and a Half Men’ and Tom’ in’ Hot in Cleveland’ (2015).
- Thomas made his film debut with the romantic comedy’ Far and Back’ where, in 1992, he shared screen presence with veteran actors such as Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. In this film he plays Joseph Donnelly’s villainous rival (Tom Cruise) for love for Shannon Christe (Nicole Kidman).
- In 1993 he played the part of a homosexual waiter David in the movie’ Love and the Human Remains.’ Then he appeared in other movies including action movie’ Men of War’ (1994) as Warren, comedy, drama movie’ Sleep with Me’ as Nigel,’ Manhood’ as Faith’s Attorney (2003). Thomas has been widely praised in the romantic romance film ‘ Eyes Wide Shut’ (1999) along with Tom Cruise for his role portrayal as Carl.
- He gave his voice for the film ‘ Son of Batman’ (2014) as Slade Wilson / Deathstroke, and lately as Joseph’s voice in’ Axis’ (2017).
- In 2018, He appeared in Shadow Wolves as Colonel Branson.
Awards and Achievements of Thomas Gibson
In 2010 he has received the Entertainment Weekly web poll award for Criminal Minds, going towards his Awards and Achievements. In addition to that, he has been nominated for seven awards; Screen Actors Guild Award (03 Times), Q Awards, Golden Globe (02 Times), and Satellite Award to date.
Net Worth of Thomas Gibson
Thomas Gibson was involved in the performing sector and showcased his wide variety of acting skills in different projects. Through many commercially successful movies, the actor has also played several breakthrough roles that helped him improve his net worth.
He has a net worth of around $18 million per celebrity net worth in 2019 and a salary of $5 million a year. Following his wonderful performance, the actor gained worldwide fame in one of the most watched Criminal Minds TV shows, where he was paid $100 K and $200 K in 2010 and 2014 respectively.
Personal Life of Thomas Gibson
Talking about his personal life, Thomas Gibson has been linked with many women in the past but there is no official confirmation about the affair. Besides acting, he has a great interest in sports he is a very good golf player. He has also a great interest in music.
Gibson was married to Christine Gibson in 1993. They have three children the eldest son is James Parker Gibson (born 1999), the other on is Travis Carter Gibson (born 2002) and youngest daughter Agatha Marie Gibson (born 2004). He currently lives with his family in San Antonio, Texas, which is also his wife’s home town.
Currently, there is news about their separation because of misunderstanding in their relationship. It seems they may get divorced too. And the two parted ways in the year 2011 and filed for divorce in 2014. The two finalized their divorce on 14th February 2018. Following his divorce with his wife Christine, Thomas is leading a low profile life.
Body Measurements of Thomas Gibson
Thinking about his physics, he is 6 ft 1 1⁄2 inch tall. And weighs 75 Kg. His body dimensions are 42-15-34 inches overall, including shoulders, biceps, and waist. Likewise, He’s got a pair of dark brown eyes and hair color. His other information about his body such as shoe and dress size will be updated shortly.
Did You Know?
- He’s a fantastic golfer.
- He’d been shot in 2016 from Criminal Minds (2005).
- He was born alongside Tom Cruise and Hunter Tylo on the same day.
- Gibson is well known for his deep baritone voice, extreme underrated performance, and also for Criminal Minds rarely ever smiling.
- Thomas was just nine years old when he began playing in children’s theatre.
Quick Facts Of Thomas Gibson
|Celebrated Name||Thomas Gibson|
|Birth Name||Thomas Ellis Gibson|
|Place Of Birth||Charleston, South Carolina, United States|
|School||Little Theater School|
|High School||Bishop England High School|
|Birth Nation||United States of American|
|Ethnicity||Mixed – Irish, Scottish, English and Welsh ancestry|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Height||6 feet 1 ½ inch.|
|Net Worth||$ 18 million|
|Father||Charles M. “Mac” Gibson|
|Marital Status||Divorced (Single)|
|Spouse||Christine Gibson (M. 1993; Div. 2018)|
|Salary||$ 5 Million (Annually)|
|Children||Three; James Parker Gibson, Travis Carter Gibson, and Agatha Marie Gibson|
|College / University||College of Charleston|
|Educational Qualification||B.F.A. Degree|
|Body Measurement||42-15-34 inches|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Bicep Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Career Start||In 1971 (At the age of 9)|
|Current City||San Antonio, Texas, United States|