Steve Bing Biography
Steve Bing was born as Stephen Leo Bing on March 31, 1965, in New York City, New York, USA. He was a producer, writer, businessman known for getting Carter (2000), Kangaroo Jack (2003), and Every Breath (1994). He was also involved in politics, donating millions of dollars to fund politicians and their Democratic Party campaigns. He is also a philanthropist and joined The Giving Pledge to voluntarily contribute the bulk of his money to the charity in 2012. He died in Los Angeles, California, USA, on June 22, 2020.
Steve Bing Bio & Wiki
|Celebrated Name||Steve Bing|
|Birth Name||Stephen Leo Bing|
|Place Of Birth||United States|
|Place Of Death||Century City, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Cause Of Death||Suicide|
|Education||Stanford University (Dropped-Out)|
|Partner||Lisa Bonder (1998-99) and Elizabeth Hurley (2000-01)|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Net Worth||$590 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertaintment Industry and Business ventures|
Steve Bing Career
- Steve invested $80 million in the animated film “The Polar Express,” which raised $285 million globally and was one of the top box office successes of the year.
- Later, he founded Robert Zemeck's film “Beowulf” in 2007 and also produced Martin Scores' film “Shine A Light” based on the 2008 Rolling Stones concert. After that, he funded and released the independent release of Jerry Lee Lewis album Last Man Standing.
- Besides these, he also co-wrote the screenplay and the tale of Kangaroo Jack (2003).
- Steve began his career in politics with a $500 donation to support Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., in his campaign for re-election in 1993. Later, the Democratic Party and its nominee, as part of the Center for Responsive Politics, donated more than $10.7 million at the federal level.
- In 2002, a total of $8.2 million was contributed to the Democratic National Committee. He also put forward individual candidates, including Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and Dianne Feinstein.
- In 2005, he spent $4.25 million on a successful bid to defeat Prop. 77, a re-districting plan funded by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- During the 2006 election cycle, he donated $49.5 million to Proposition 87.
- Other recipients included the California Democratic Party ($640,172); Gov. Gray Davis ($675,000); and San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. He also sponsored several key races in other parts of the country as Democrats struggled to retake control of Congress.
- In October 2008, Steve made a promise to suit the contributions made to the NO on Proposition 8 campaign from October 17-19.
- In December 2008, he donated about US$ 10-25 million to the William J. Clinton Foundation.
- In August 2009, Steve's 737 private aircraft, located in Hangar 25 at Burbank Airport in Southern California, were used for the return of American reporters Laura Ling and Euna Lee, who had spent five months of a 12-year sentence in North Korea to cover the cost of the entire flight, estimated at $200 thousand.
- In April 2012, Bing committed to join The Giving Pledge, founded by Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, voluntarily donating the majority of his wealth to the charity.
Steve Bing Education
Bing attended Harvard Westlake School in Los Angeles. In his junior year, he dropped out of Stanford University to try a career in Hollywood. He also made a donation of $25 million to Stanford.
Steve Bing Height, Weight & Body Measurements
Steve Bing is well-known as an Actor. He is 6 feet & 4 inches tall. His weight is 75 Kg. His body measurements are not still confirmed yet. We will update you as soon as possible. His zodiac is Aries.
|Height & Weight|
|Height (Approx.)||6 foot 4 inches|
|Weight (Approx.)||75 kg|
How Steve Bing became involved in U.S. Politics?
- Steve began his political career with a $500 contribution in 1993 to support Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J. in his re-election bid.
- He later donated over $10.7 million federally to the Democratic Party and its nominee as per the Responsive Politics Core.
- He gave the Democratic National Committee $8.2 million in 2002. He also introduced different candidates including Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein.
- In 2005, he spent $4.25 million to successfully counter Prop. 77, an effort funded by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- He contributes $49.5 million to Proposition 87 during the 2006 election cycle.
- Some winners included the California Democratic Party ($640,172); Gov. Gray Davis ($675,000); and San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
- He also funded some important races in other parts of the country as Democrats struggled to retake Congress's power.
- He promised to match contributions made to the NO on Proposition 8 campaign from October 17-19, 2008.
- In December 2008, he donated $10-25 million to the William J. Clinton Foundation.
- He purchased a 737 private aircraft in August 2009 from hangar 25 at Southern California's Burbank airport. The aircraft was used in the return of American reporters Laura Ling and Euna Lee who spent 5 months of a 12-year sentence in North Korea covering the cost of the entire flight, estimated to be about $200 Million.
Steve Bing Relationship Status
Although Steve was never married but had a brief relationship with Elizabeth Hurley, who had a son, Damian Hurley, and also a daughter, Kira, with a relationship with Lisa Bonder.
Steve Bing Family & Sibling
- Steve's mother, Helen, a nurse, and Peter Bing, a doctor who worked for John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson and sits on the board of trustees of Stanford University. He was a Jewish Ashkenazi (father) and a Serbian (mother) descendant.
- The Bing Wing of the Green Library at Stanford University is named after the family as well.
Steve Bing Cause of Death
Steve Bing died on June 22, 2020, after jumping from a 27th-floor apartment building in Los Angeles, California's Century City neighborhood. According to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner 's Office investigation, at the age of 55, he died from “multiple blunt trauma.” His suicide's cause has yet to be revealed. Currently investigating the accident.
Steve Bing Association
At the age of 18, he inherited an estimated $600 million from his grandfather, Leo S. Bing, The Los Angeles Business Journal's January 2010 publication “The Lists 2010” listed him in their “Wealthiest Angelenos” section of the magazine, which valued its value at $590 million, No. 46.
Steve Bing Net Worth
According to Celebnetworth, Steve is a producer, writer & businessman, His net worth in 2020 is $590 million at the time of his death.
How did Steve bing die?
Suicide, by jumping of his apartment in Los Angeles.
Who is Steve Bing married to?
Bing never married. He had two partners for a brief period of time Elizabeth Hurley and Lisa Bonder.
How much is Steve Bing worth?
At the time of his death, Bing was worth $590 million. Most of his fortune came from the inheritance of his grandfather, Leo S. Bing, apart from that, he was also a businessman and a filmmaker who added to his riches.
Where did Steve Bing die?
Los Angeles, California, U.S.A
Who will inherit Steve Bing’s money?
Steve Bing's death could spark a new family feud over the $590million fortune. The death of millionaire socialite Steve Bing could revive a family feud over whether his two children – a son with actress Liz Hurley and a daughter with tennis player Lisa Bonder – will inherit the family wealth.