Everything that you need to know about your favorite, none other than Shirley Douglas with his net worth, his height, weight and currently How old is he? with his career, movies, family members, and biography. This updated information compliments everything you need to know to keep a tab on the lifestyle followed by Shirley Douglas with their earnings averaging monthly or yearly, how much Shirley Douglas Net worth in 2020? and everything else that matters.
Shirley Douglas Net Worth: $2.5 Million
Shirley Douglas Biography
Shirley Douglas is a Canadian actress and activist who is the daughter of federal New Democratic Party leader Tommy Douglas. Her acting career and the fact that she comes from a political family has gained her recognition as well as national politics in the Canadian entertainment industry.
She launched her career at Regina Little Theatre in 1950. After graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (London), she spent several years in England, appearing in theatre, television and then returning to Canada in 1957. She has starred in several films, television shows, and stage productions in a career spanning more than six decades. You can read the article below, to learn more about her.
What is Shirley Douglas famous for?
A Canadian actress and activist in television, film, and stage.
Where was Shirley Douglas from?
Shirley Douglas was born Shirley Jean Douglas in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada to her parents Tommy Douglas and Irma May Douglas in 1934. Her father, late Tommy Douglas, was Canadian statesman, Saskatchewan's governor, and New Democratic Party leader. She has a niece, Joan Douglas.
Likewise, She is ethnically white and a Canadian by birth. She went to Central Collegiate Institute for her high school education and graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
When did Shirley Douglas pursue her acting career?
- Douglas 'film career began in 1955, when she appeared in Joe Macbeth. After this, Lolita's 1962's next movie role came. After over 20 years, she took a brief hiatus from making her comeback in 1983.
- Her other film credits include The Pool, Magnet, Barney's Great Adventure, and the Enclosures Rule. Likewise, her television career began in Rheingold Theater series in 1955. She did Nellie McClung's title role in 1978.
- Then she got the main role as May Bailey at My Back show in 1996. The role would become one of her better-known roles. She's done other popular television shows like Flash Gordon, Robson Arms, and Degrassi: Next Generation.
- She also did a lot of research for different causes including the Civil Rights movement. She also strongly opposed the Vietnam War.
- She also helped create Friends of the Black Panthers, a charitable organization to support the Civil Rights movement. However, she retired in 2013 after about 63 years in show business.
Who was Shirley Douglas married to?
In the past Douglas married Donald Sutherland. They married in 1966, and in 1970 they divorced. She has a son named Kiefer Sutherland, and a daughter named Rachel Sutherland, from her marriage with Sutherland.
She was previously also married to Timothy Emil Sicks in 1957 but there is no exact date of their divorce. She has a son from her marriage to Timothy Thomas Emil Sicks.
How tall was Shirley Douglas?
Douglas had a height of 5 foot 2 inches before her death and her body-weights are currently undisclosed. Her eyes are hazel, and her hair is blond. However, her other knowledge about the body is still undisclosed. We'll let you know, whenever we change.
Quick Facts Of Shirley Douglas
|Celebrated Name||Shirley Douglas|
|Birth Name||Shirley Jean Douglas|
|Place Of Birth||Weyburn, Saskatchewan|
|Place Of Death||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Spouse||(M. 1957; Div. 19??) and Donald Sutherland (M. 1966; Div. 1970)|
|Cause Of Death||Pneumonia|
|Mother||Irma May Douglas|
|Height||5 feet 2 inches|
|Weight||Will Update Soon…|
|Net Worth||$2.5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Education||Central Collegiate Institute|