Marilyn Monroe Biography
Marilyn Monroe is best known as Singer, Model, Dancer, Actress, Producer who has an estimated Net Worth of $10 Million. Icon and sex symbol who starred in the classic comedy Some Like It Hot and became the most famous woman in the world during the 1950s. Her other memorable films include 1955's The Seven Year Itch and 1953's Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Personal struggles took hold of her late in her career and she died of an overdose of barbiturates at the young age of 36. She was born on June 1,1926, Los Angeles, CA. Her last film appearance came in the 1961 drama The Misfits, which was co-written by her husband at the time, Arthur Miller. She modeled for Blue Book before changing her name from Norma Jeane Mortenson to Marilyn Monroe. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon co-starred with her in the 1959 film Some Like it Hot. She married Joe DiMaggio in 1954; the marriage ended in divorce nine months later. Her first marriage was to James Dougherty from 1942 to 1946. Her third and final marriage to Arthur Miller spanned from 1956 to 1961. Her zodiac sign is Gemini
Marilyn Monroe Bio, Wiki
|Full Name at Birth||Norma Jeane Mortenson|
|Alternative Name||Norma Jeane Baker, Norma Mortenson, Norma DiMaggio, Blonde Bombshell, Norma Jeane Mortenson|
|Age||36 (age at death) years|
|Birthday||1st June, 1926|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Died||5th August, 1962|
|Place of Death||Brentwood, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Cause of Death||Barbiturate Overdose|
|Buried||Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery|
|Height||5' 5″ (165 cm)|
|Weight||118lbs (54 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dyed Blonde|
|Distinctive Feature||Blonde hair, Curvy figure, Soft voice|
|High School||Emerson Junior High School in Los Angeles, Van Nuys High School, Van Nuys, CA (attended one year, 1941)|
|Occupation Text||Singer, Model, Dancer, Actress, Producer|
|Claim to Fame||Niagara, Some Like It Hot, Something's Got To Give|
|Music Genre (Text)||Easy Listening, Vocal, Swing, Jazz, Non-Music, Stage & Screen|
|Year(s) Active||1945 – 1962, 1945–62, 1945–1962|
|Music Style||Vocal Pop, Pop/Rock, Traditional Pop, Celebrity, Popular Music Entry|
|Music Mood||Sensual, Sentimental, Elegant, Sophisticated, Refined/Mannered, Romantic, Naive|
|Record Label||Rca/RCA Victor, Columbia, MGM Records, 20th Fox, United Artists Records|
|Associated Acts||Jane Russell, Frankie Vaughan , Yves Montand, Donald O'Connor, Eileen Wilson, Adele Jergens (dubbed by Virginia Rees), Marion Marshall, Joyce Mackenzie, Barbara Smith, Dan Dailey, The Starlighters, Mitzi Gaynor, Tom Ewell|
|Talent Agency (e.g. Modelling)||New Faces Agency – USA, The Blue Book Modelling Agency|
|Brand Endorsement||(1950) TV Commercial: Union Oil Royal Triton as Norma Jean Baker., (2000) Print ad: Mikimoto limited edition legendary pearls, (1948) Print ad (poster): Pabst beer, Print ads for Lux Soap and Try Glo-Westmore Make-up (lipstick and face-powder), (November 2013) TV commercial for Chanel No. 5 Parfum (archive footage)., (1950) TV Commercial: Union Oil Royal Triton as Norma Jean Baker, (November 2013) TV commercial for Chanel No. 5 Parfum (archive footage), Jon-Joy Cosmetics (1954)|
|Official Websites||www.marilynmonroe.com/, marilynmonroepages.com/, www.marilynmonroe.ca/, www.nndb.com/people/219/000022153/, http://marilynmonroe.com, www.immortalmarilyn.com|
|Brother||Robert Kermitt Baker (half brother)|
|Sister||Berniece Baker Miracle (half sister)|
|Family Member||Dela Monroe, Mona Rae Miracle (niece), Joseph Paul DiMaggio Jr (Step-son), Jane Ellen Miller (Step Daughter), Robert A Miller (step son)|
|Friend||Betty Grable, Lauren Bacall, Robert Wagner, Brigitte Bardot, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, Elizabeth Taylor, Jack Lemmon, Tom Ewell|
|Associated People||Audrey Hepburn|
|Pets||Maf (dog), Tippy (dog)|
|Favorite People||Jean Harlow, Clark Gable, Greta Garbo, Abraham Lincoln, Beethoven, Mozart, Judy Garland|
|Favorite TV Shows||I Love Lucy [1951 – 1957]|
|Favorite Bands||Louis Armstrong, Judy Garland, Beethoven, Mozart|
|Favorite Songs||Who Cares? – Judy Garland|
|Favorite Books||How Stanislavsky Directs by Michael Gorchakov|
|Favorite Places||Romanoff’s (in Hollywood), Bloomingdale’s|
|Favorite Foods||Chocolate Cake|
|Favorite Colors||Beige, White, Black, Red|
|Favorite Accessories||Ferragamo Shoe, perfume: Chanel No. 5|
Marilyn Monroe Dating, Husband, Boyfriends and RelationshipsRest in peace.
- Sam Giancana is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in Jul 1962.
- Robert F. Kennedy is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in Jun 1962.
- José Bolaños and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in Feb 1962.
- Jeanne Carmen is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1962.
- Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy dated from August, 1961 to May, 1962.
- Jerry Lewis and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1961.
- Yves Montand and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1960.
- Dean Martin and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1960.
- Peter Lawford and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1960.
- Paul Newman and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1960.
- Gianni Russo and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in Sep 1959.
- Frank Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe dated from February, 1959 to August, 1961.
- Yul Brynner is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1957.
- Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot had an encounter in 1956.
- Paula Strasberg is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1956.
- Marilyn Monroe and Joan Crawford had an encounter in 1956.
- Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller were married for 4 years. They dated for 1 year after getting together in May 1955 and married on 29th Jun 1956. 4 years later they divorced on 24th Jan 1961.
- Marlon Brando and Marilyn Monroe were in a relationship for 7 years before Marilyn Monroe died aged 36.
- Milton H. Greene is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1955.
- Robert Mitchum is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in Apr 1953.
- Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio were married for 8 months. They dated for 7 months after getting together in Jan 1953. After a 5 months engagement they married on 14th Jan 1954. 8 months later they separated in Oct 1954 and divorced on 31st Oct 1954.
- Spyros P. Skouras and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1952.
- Marlene Dietrich is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1952.
- Nico Minardos and Marilyn Monroe dated from November, 1951 to April, 1952.
- Claude Terrail is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in Aug 1951.
- Elia Kazan and Marilyn Monroe dated from January to October, 1951.
- Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1950.
- Robert Wagner and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1950.
- James Dean is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1950.
- John Huston and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1949.
- Mickey Rooney and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1949.
- George Sanders and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1949.
- Johhny Hyde and Marilyn Monroe were in a relationship for 2 years before Johhny Hyde died aged 55.
- Fred Karger and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in Aug 1948.
- Milton Berle and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in Jun 1948.
- James Bacon and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in Feb 1948.
- Judy Garland is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1948.
- Marilyn Monroe is rumored to have hooked up with Eddie Fisher in 1948.
- Porfirio Rubirosa and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1948.
- Ronald Reagan is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1948.
- George Jessel and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in 1948.
- Howard Keel and Marilyn Monroe had a relationship from 1948 to 1948.
- Joseph M. Schenck and Marilyn Monroe dated from April, 1947 to July, 1948.
- Barbara Stanwyck is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1947.
- Anton LaVey is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1947.
- Marilyn Monroe and Jorge Guinle had an encounter in 1947.
- Darryl F. Zanuck and Marilyn Monroe had an encounter in Nov 1946.
- Marilyn Monroe and Howard Hughes had an encounter in 1946.
- Roy Rogers is rumored to have hooked up with Marilyn Monroe in 1946.
- Marilyn Monroe and James Dougherty were married for 4 years. They dated for 5 months after getting together in Jan 1942 and married on 19th Jun 1942. 4 years later they divorced on 13th Sep 1946.
Marilyn Monroe Movies and TV Shows
|Something's Got to Give||1962||Ellen Arden||Short Film|
|The Misfits||1961||Roslyn Taber||Movie|
|Let's Make Love||1960||Amanda Dell||Movie|
|Some Like It Hot||1959||Sugar Kane Kowalczyk||Movie|
|The Prince and the Showgirl||1957||Elsie||Movie|
|The Seven Year Itch||1955||The Girl||Movie|
|River of No Return||1954||Kay Weston||Movie|
|There's No Business Like Show Business||1954||Vicky Parker||Movie|
|Gentlemen Prefer Blondes||1953||Lorelei Lee||Movie|
|How to Marry a Millionaire||1953||Pola Debevoise||Movie|
|Clash by Night||1952||Peggy||Movie|
|Don't Bother to Knock||1952||Nell Forbes||Movie|
|Monkey Business||1952||Miss Lois Laurel||Movie|
|Full House||1952||Streetwalker (segment “The Cop and the Anthem”)||Movie|
|We're Not Married!||1952||Annabel Jones Norris||Movie|
|As Young as You Feel||1951||Harriet||Movie|
|Home Town Story||1951||Iris Martin||Movie|
|Let's Make It Legal||1951||Joyce Mannering||Movie|
|Love Nest||1951||Roberta 'Bobbie' Stevens||Movie|
|A Ticket to Tomahawk||1950||Clara (uncredited)||Movie|
|All About Eve||1950||Miss Casswell||Movie|
|Right Cross||1950||Dusky Ledoux (uncredited)||Movie|
|The Asphalt Jungle||1950||Angela Phinlay||Movie|
|The Jack Benny Program||1950||Marilyn Monroe||TV Show|
|Love Happy||1949||Grunion's Client||Movie|
|Green Grass of Wyoming||1948||Extra at Square Dance (uncredited)||Movie|
|Ladies of the Chorus||1948||Peggy Martin||Movie|
|Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!||1948||Betty (uncredited)||Movie|
|You Were Meant for Me||1948||Undetermined Minor Role (unconfirmed, uncredited)||Movie|
|Dangerous Years||1947||Evie – Waitress at the Gopher Hole||Movie|
Marilyn Monroe Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth 2020||$10 Million|
|Income Source||Primary Income source Movie Actress (profession).|