Find recent updates about Lin-Manuel Miranda biography, net worth, salary, age, height, relationship, career, family, lifestyle, and more.
Lin-Manuel Miranda is best known for being a stage actor. Singer, songwriter and rapper who created the Broadway musicals In the Heights and Hamilton. In 2018, he would star as Jack at Mary Poppins Returns, and in 2019, he would start staring at HBO's His Dark Materials. He has received several Tony Awards and the 2016 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album for Hamilton. He was born on January 16, 1980 in New York City, NY. The inspiration for what eventually became Hamilton was Miranda's reading of Alexander Hamilton 's biography of Ron Chernow. He began his musical career with a comedy hip hop band called Freestyle Love Supreme. He has also written and released independent films, including Clayton 's Friends in 1996.
|Age||39 years old|
|Birthday & Zodiac|
|Birth Date||January 16, 1980|
|Birth Place||New York City, NY|
- Stage Actor
- Song Writer
Lin-Manuel Miranda Education
- Miranda attended Hunter College Elementary School and Hunter College High School, where his classmates included journalist Chris Hayes, who was Miranda's first director when Hayes starred in a school play described by Hayes as “a 20-minute musical that featured a maniacal fetal pig in a nightmare that [Miranda] had cut in biology class,” and rapper Immortal Technique, who bullied Miranda d. It was during high school that Miranda began to write musicals. As a student, Miranda wrote the first draft of what would become his first Broadway musical, In the Heights, in 1999, his sophomore year of college at Wesleyan University. After the show was accepted by the Wesleyan student theater company, Second Stage, Miranda added freestyle rap and salsa numbers, and the show was premiered there in 1999. Miranda wrote and directed several other musicals in Wesleyan and performed in many other productions, from musicals to Shakespeare. He graduated in 2002 from Wesleyan.
- He began his musical career with a comedy hip hop band called Freestyle Love Supreme.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Height, Weight & Body Type
Lin-Manuel Miranda is 39 years old, he is 5′ 8″ (1.7 m) tall. His body measurements are still not confirmed yet. We will update you as soon as possible. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
|Height & Weight|
|Height (Approx.)||5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Weight (Approx.)||73 kg (161 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
- He has also written and released independent films, including Clayton 's Friends in 1996.
2002–10: In the Heights
- In 2002, Lin Manuel and John Buffalo Mailer were working with director Thomas Kail to revise In the Heights. Playwright Quiara was joined the team in 2004. After Broadway 's success, the musical went to Broadway, which opened in March 2008. He was nominated for 13 Tony Awards , winning four, including Best Musical and Best Original Score. He gained the Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album. Miranda 's performance in the leading role of Usnavi won him the Tony Award for Best Musical Actor. Miranda left the Broadway production on 15 February 2009.
2011–14: Bring It On
- Miranda has co-wrote music and lyrics for Bring It On: The Musical with Tom Kitt and Amanda White. Bring It Premiered at the Alliance Theater in Atlanta , Georgia, in January 2011. The musical began a US national tour in Los Angeles , California, on October 30, 2011. This was followed by a short Broadway engagement at the St. James Theatre, starting on July 12, and officially opening on August 1, 2012. It closed on 30 December 2012. He was nominated for the Tony Awards in the Best Musical and Best Choreography categories.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Other Appearances
- Miranda played a small role in the Walt Disney Pictures Live-Action movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012). During this time, he also played several TV roles. He appeared on the TV show Modern Family in the 2011 episode of “Good Cop Bad Dog.” In 2013, Ruben Marcado played a recurring role in the NBC drama Do No Harm. Later, he appeared in the CBS Sitcom How I Met Your Mother in an all-verse episode titled “Bedtime Stories” aired in November 2013.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Disney Projects
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Mary Poppins Returns
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Awards & Achievements
- Among his many awards, Miranda won the Pulitzer Prize, three Tony Awards, three Grammys, one Emmy, and two Olivier Awards, and was nominated for the Academy Award. He was the recipient of a Genius award from the MacArthur Fellows Program in 2015. In 2016, Time Magazine named Miranda as one of the “Most Influential Women in the World” in the annual Time 100 and earned a star on the Puerto Rico Walk of Fame. In June 2017, Miranda was revealed to be honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2018. Miranda received his star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame on November 30 , 2018. He received honors from the Kennedy Center for the establishment of Hamilton in December 2018. In 2015, Miranda received the Smithsonian Magazine American Innovation Award in the History category. In 2019, the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery awarded Miranda the National Portrait Award.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Martial Status
- In 2010, he married his high school friend Vanessa Nadal. In November 2014, they welcomed a son named Sebastian. In February 2018, a second son named Francisco was welcomed.
Family & Relatives
Father: Luis A. Miranda, Jr.
Mother: Luz Towns-Miranda
Sister(s): Luz Miranda-Crespo
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Vanessa Nadal (m. 2010)
Children: 2 Son
Son(s): Sebastian Miranda,Francisco Miranda
- The inspiration for what eventually became Hamilton was Miranda's reading of Alexander Hamilton 's biography of Ron Chernow.
Lin-Manuel Miranda Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Swimming and Reading
Favorite Actor: Dwayne Johnson
Favorite Actress: Priyanka Chopra, Angelina Jolie
Favorite Food: Nando’s Chicken,Cheesecake, Misthi Doi
Favorite Destination: Maldives and UAE
Favorite Color: Red and Black
Lin-Manuel Miranda Net Worth
Lin-Manuel Miranda is a well-known and popular Stage Actor. The main and primary source of his income comes from Acting. Let’s check how rich Lin-Manuel Miranda is in 2020?
|Net Worth (2020)||$1.5 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review.|
|Income Source||Primary Income source Stage Actor(profession).|