Everything that you need to know about your favorite, none other than Lilly Pulitzer with her net worth, her height, weight and currently How old is She? with her career, movies, family members, and biography. This updated information compliments everything you need to know to keep a tab on the lifestyle followed by Lilly Pulitzer with their earnings averaging monthly or yearly, how much Lilly Pulitzer Net worth in 2020? and everything else that matters.
Lilly Pulitzer Net Worth:$100 million
Lilly Pulitzer Biography
Lilly Pulitzer was a well-known American entrepreneur, fashion designer, and American socialite founder of Lilly Pulitzer, Inc. She was more famous for high society light floral print clothes. By making vivid, vibrant and floral prints, Lillian was also named “Queen of Prep.”
Lilly and Jacqueline Kennedy, U.S. First Lady, attended Chapin College. Lilly passed away at 81 on April 7, 2013, however.
What was Lilly Pulitzer Famous for?
- Famous as Lilly Pulitzer ‘s mother.
Quick Facts Of Lilly Pulitzer
|Celebrated Name||Lilly Pulitzer|
|Nick Name||Queen of Prep|
|Birth Name||Lillian Lee McKim|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Roslyn, New York|
|Famous For||Founder of Lilly Pulitzer, Inc.|
|Best Known For||Creating bright floral print clothes for high class society.|
|Father||Robert V. McKim and Ogden Phipps(step)|
|Mother||Lillian Stokes Bostwick Phips|
|Sisters||Mary Maude, and Florence Fitch|
|High School||Miss Porter’s School|
|Death Date||April 7, 2013|
|Place Of Death||Palm Beach, Florida|
|Cause Of Death||Natural Cause|
|Husband||Herbert Pulitzer (1950-1969) Enrique Rousseau (1969-1993|
|Daughter||Minnie and Liza|
|Net Worth||$100 million|
|Source of Wealth||Her company, Lilly Pulitzer, Inc.|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Where was Lilly Pulitzer Born?
Lilly Pulitzer was born 10 November 1931 in Roslyn, New York , USA. Her birth was Lillian Lee McKim. Her citizenship was American. Pulitzer belonged to White, while Scorpio was her zodiac sign.
Lilly was raised as her parents’ second-daughter in a well-to-do family: Robert V. McKim(father) and his wife, Lillian Stokes Bostwick Phips(mother). All her parents were then prominent socialites. Her mother was a Standard Oil fortune heiress. However, her parents divorced and her mother married Ogden Phipps, an American stockbroker and court tennis champion who was later inducted into the 2001 International Court Hall of Fame.
Lilly grew up with her 2 sisters in a rich high-class society: an elder sister, Mary Maude, and younger sister, Florence Fitch. She attended New York City’s Chapin School where she was Jacqueline Lee Bouvier’s classmate (future Jacqueline Kennedy, U.S. First Lady).
She graduated from Miss Porter’s Farmington School in 1949. She later attended the college-finishing school Finch College in New York City, but left to serve as a midwife assistant with Frontier Nursing Service in Kentucky after a semester. She also worked as a volunteer at Bronx’s Veterans Hospital.
When Did Lilly Pultizer Die?
Lilly Pultizer died at her home in Palm Beach , Florida when she was 81. Her death was a natural cause. Her 3 children survive from her first marriage to Peter Pulitzer and grandchildren.
Lilly Pulitzer’s Career Highlights
- Lilly Pulitzer began her career, opening a fruit juice stand on Palm Beach’s Via Mizner. While at the stand she found that squeezing juice made her clothes mess and eventually designed a sleeveless shift dress made of bright , colorful printed cotton.
- Fortunately, customers loved her clothes and started buying more clothes than juice, so she decided to design and sell what became known as her “Lillys.”
- Pulitzer became president of her own company, Lilly Pulitzer, Inc., whose main factory was Miami, Florida, in 1959.
- Her vivid, colorful clothes became very common between the 1960s and 1980s, when most of the high-class people started wearing their dresses, like Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Caroline Kennedy, and Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, and Whitney families.
- By 1984, Lilly closed the entire clothing company.
- In 1993, Sugartown Worldwide, Inc. purchased the brand rights and continued to serve as a creative consultant, authorizing new designs, fabrics and collections, and expanding out to other product lines.
- The company currently has 75 Lilly Pulitzer Signature Stores(also known as Via Shops). Following performance, Oxford Industries , Inc. acquired Sugartown Worldwide, Inc. on December 21, 2010.
- Target announced a collaboration with Lilly Pulitzer in April 2015 and almost completely sold out the range in stores and online within hours.
- Target published pieces from its relationship with Lilly Pulitzer in September 2019, including famous design partners.
- Pulitzer also published a couple of lifestyle books like “Essentially Lilly: A Guide to Colorful Entertainment” and “Essentially Lilly: A Guide to Colorful Holidays” with her friend, author Jay Mulvaney, showing her entertaining style.
- She has wrote two desk calendar books, “Essentially Lilly 2005 Social Butterfly Calendar” and “Essentially Lilly 2006 Party Animal Engagement Calendar.”
Who was Lilly Pulitzer Married to?
Lilly Pulitzer married twice in her life until her death in 2013. Herbert “Paul” Pulitzer’s first marriage. Herbert was also from a well-known family as Joseph Pulitzer ‘s nephew, a prominent newspaper publisher, named after the Pulitzer Prize.
In 1950 the couple married a grand wedding and were blessed with 3 children: a son, Peter, and 2 daughters, Minnie and Liza. But after 19 years of marriage, their marriage ended with divorce.
Soon after her divorce, Lilly married Enrique Rousseau in 1969. Rousseau died of cancer in 1993 and Lilly never married again. While she legally changed her name to Lillian McKim Rousseau, she continued to operate under “Lilly Pulitzer” branding.
What was the Net Worth of Lilly Pulitzer?
Lilly Pulitzer earned quite a lot from her professional career as a designer and founder of her popular company, “Lilly Pulitzer, Inc.” Having been in the field of design and art for years, Lilly had undoubtedly accumulated heavy fortune from her several creative designs worn by high-class people in the 1950s to the 1980s.
Her net worth was valued at about $100 million when she died.
How Tall is Lilly Pulitzer?
Lilly Pulitzer was a lovely lady who died in her 80s. With her charming personality , lifestyle and smile, Lilly managed to win countless hearts around the country at the time, describing herself simply as “Queen of Prep.” She had a fair, light brown hair and brown eyes. Multi-millionaire, Lilly enjoyed a safe lifestyle.