James Stewart Biography
James Stewart is best known as Actor, Director who has an estimated Net Worth of $18 Million. Earned a Best Actor Academy Award for his role in the 1940 film The Philadelphia Story. He was also nominated for an Oscar for his starring role in the 1946 Christmas film It's A Wonderful Life. He gave memorable performances in several Alfred Hitchcock's films, including: Rear Window, Vertigo, and The Man Who Knew Too Much. He was born on May 20,1908, Indiana, PA. He earned an Oscar nomination for his role in the 1950 film Harvey. He served as a Major General in the United States Air Force. He co-starred in the 1959 film Anatomy of a Murder with Lee Remick. He had four children with Gloria Hatrick McLean, whom he was married to from 1949 until her death in 1994. His zodiac sign is Taurus
James Stewart Bio, Wiki
|Full Name at Birth||James Maitland Stewart|
|Alternative Name||`The Ordinary Hero`, Lieutenant James Stewart, Jimmy, Jimmy Stewart|
|Age||89 (age at death) years|
|Birthday||20th May, 1908|
|Birthplace||Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Died||2nd July, 1997|
|Place of Death||Beverly Hills, California, USA|
|Cause of Death||Pulmonary embolism|
|Buried||Forest Lawn, Glendale, California|
|Height||6' 3″ (191 cm)|
|Hair Color||Brown – Dark|
|Distinctive Feature||Soft-spoken, extremely polite and shy mannered., Often played honest, average middle class individuals., Roles in westerns., After 1950 he often played tough, cynical and frequently ruthless characters.|
|High School||Mercerburg Academy|
|University||Princeton University (1932)|
|Occupation Text||Actor, Director|
|Claim to Fame||Mr. Smith Goes to Washington|
|Brand Endorsement||(1970s) TV commercial: Firestone Tires, TV commercial (voiceover): Campbell's Soup|
|Official Websites||www.nndb.com/people/659/000026581/, www.thegoldenyears.org/stewart.html|
|Father||Alexander Maitland Stewart|
|Mother||Elizabeth Ruth “Bessie” Jackson Stewart|
|Sister||Mary Stewart, Virginia Stewart|
|Friend||Henry Fonda, John Wayne, Ward Bond, Ronald Reagan, Gary Cooper (Accepted his friend Gary Cooper's honorary Oscar for Lifetime Achievement in 1961, because Cooper was dying of cancer), Richard Nixon, Dean Martin, Burgess Meredith, Frank Capra, June Allyson, Fred MacMurray, Irene Dunne, Charles Feldman, Jean Howard, Danny Kaye, Bette Davis, Ben Blue, Victor Fleming, Myron McCormick, Bob Hope, Nancy Davis, Lew Wasserman, Robert Stack, Esther Williams, Carol Burnett, Leland Hayward, Jack Benny, Rosalind Russell, David Chasen, Bill Brady Jr, Franchot Tone, David Niven, Andy Devine, Ann Coyle, Cecelia Drapper, Connie Cerrito, Bill Frye, Henry Nicklas (Barber), Major Andy Low, General Jimmy Doolittle, Robert Riskin, Andy Low, Robert Perry, Joshua Logan, Mary Benny, George Burns, Gracie Allen, Harold Lloyd, William Powell, Dolores Del Rio, Red Skelton, Phyllis Kennedy, Stewart Granger|
|Pets||Bello (Dog – Gloria's German Shepherd when Jimmy met her and they married), Simba (Dog – Golden Retriever), Beau (Dog – A Golden Retriever they got to be pals with Simba), Bounce (Dog – Jimmy's boyhood first dog, followed him home from school and his father said he could keep him when no one claimed him)|
James Stewart Dating, Wife, Girlfriends and RelationshipsRest in peace.
- James Stewart and Gloria Stewart were married for 44 years before Gloria Stewart died, leaving behind her partner and 2 children.
- Myrna Dell and James Stewart had an encounter in 1948.
- Joan Fontaine and James Stewart had an encounter in 1948.
- Dorothy Ford and James Stewart had an encounter in Aug 1947.
- Dorothy Lamour and James Stewart dated from 1947 to 1948.
- Ellen Ross and James Stewart had an encounter in 1947.
- Anita Colby and James Stewart had a relationship from Sep 1945 to Aug 1948.
- Martha Vickers and James Stewart had an encounter in 1945.
- Dolores Moran and James Stewart had an encounter in Feb 1943.
- Ginger Rogers and James Stewart dated from 1938 to 1941.
- Lana Turner and James Stewart dated from November, 1940 to February, 1941.
- Rosalind Russell and James Stewart had an encounter in 1940.
- Rita Hayworth is rumored to have hooked up with James Stewart in Oct 1939.
- Marlene Dietrich and James Stewart had an encounter in Sep 1939.
- Claudette Colbert and James Stewart had an encounter in Feb 1939.
- Mary Beth Hughes and James Stewart had an encounter in Feb 1939.
- Loretta Young and James Stewart dated from 1937 to 1939.
- Joan Crawford and James Stewart had an encounter in Oct 1938.
- Katharine Hepburn and James Stewart dated from October, 1938 to January, 1939.
- Eleanor Powell and James Stewart dated from July, 0000 to November, 1936.
- Wendy Barrie and James Stewart had an encounter in Mar 1936.
- Virginia Bruce and James Stewart had an encounter in 1936.
- Jean Harlow and James Stewart dated from November, 1935 to January, 1936.
- Margaret Sullavan and James Stewart dated from 1932 to 1933.
- Lynn Remar had an encounter with James Stewart.
- James Stewart had an encounter with Carole Lombard.
- Hedy Lamarr had an encounter with James Stewart.
- James Stewart dated Dinah Shore.
- Kay Aldridge and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Norma Shearer had an encounter with James Stewart.
- Sonja Henie and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Phyllis Brooks and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Janet Gaynor and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Yvonne De Carlo and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Shirley Ross and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Olivia de Havilland dated James Stewart.
- Ilona Massey had an encounter with James Stewart.
- Barbara Stanwyck had an encounter with James Stewart.
- Mitzi Green and James Stewart had a relationship.
- Simone Simon had an encounter with James Stewart.
James Stewart Children
|Judy||Female||7th May, 1951||69 years old||Gloria Stewart|
|Kelly||Female||7th May, 1951||69 years old||Gloria Stewart|
James Stewart Movies and TV Shows
|An American Tail: Fievel Goes West||1991||Wylie (voice)||Movie|
|North and South, Book II||1986||Miles Colbert||TV Show|
|Right of Way||1983||Teddy Dwyer||TV Movie|
|Afurika monogatari||1980||Old Man||Movie|
|Mr. Krueger's Christmas||1980||Mr. Krueger||TV Show|
|The Big Sleep||1978||Gen. Sternwood||Movie|
|The Magic of Lassie||1978||Clovis Mitchell||Movie|
|General Electric's All-Star Anniversary||1978||Mark Twain||TV Show|
|Talking Film||1978||TV Show|
|Airport '77||1977||Philip Stevens||Movie|
|Laugh-In||1977||Guest Performer||TV Show|
|The Shootist||1976||Dr. Hostetler||Movie|
|Sentimental Journey||1976||Joe – the Old Pilot (as Mr. James Stewart)||Short Film|
|Hawkins||1973||Billy Jim Hawkins||TV Show|
|Harvey||1972||Elwood P. Dowd||TV Movie|
|Fools' Parade||1971||Mattie Appleyard||Movie|
|The Jimmy Stewart Show||1971||Josiah Kessel, Prof. James K. Howard||TV Show|
|The Cheyenne Social Club||1970||John O'Hanlan||Movie|
|The Rare Breed||1966||Sam Burnett||Movie|
|Dear Brigitte||1965||Professor Robert Leaf||Movie|
|The Flight of the Phoenix||1965||Frank Towns||Movie|
|Cheyenne Autumn||1964||Wyatt Earp||Movie|
|Take Her, She's Mine||1963||Frank Michaelson||Movie|
|How the West Was Won||1962||Linus Rawlings||Movie|
|Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation||1962||Roger Hobbs||Movie|
|The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance||1962||Ransom Stoddard||Movie|
|Two Rode Together||1961||Marshal Guthrie McCabe||Movie|
|Alcoa Premiere||1961||Slim Conway||TV Show|
|The Mountain Road||1960||Maj. Baldwin||Movie|
|My Three Sons||1960||General James Stewart||TV Show|
|Anatomy of a Murder||1959||Paul Biegler||Movie|
|The FBI Story||1959||John Michael 'Chip' Hardesty||Movie|
|Startime||1959||Azel Dorsey||TV Show|
|Bell Book and Candle||1958||Shepherd Henderson||Movie|
|Vertigo||1958||John 'Scottie' Ferguson||Movie|
|Lux Playhouse||1958||Narrator||TV Show|
|Night Passage||1957||Grant McLaine||Movie|
|The Spirit of St. Louis||1957||Charles Augustus 'Slim' Lindbergh||Movie|
|The Man Who Knew Too Much||1956||Dr. Benjamin McKenna||Movie|
|Strategic Air Command||1955||Lt. Col. Robert 'Dutch' Holland||Movie|
|The Man from Laramie||1955||Will Lockhart||Movie|
|Rear Window||1954||L.B. 'Jeff' Jefferies||Movie|
|The Far Country||1954||Jeff Webster||Movie|
|Tomorrow's Drivers||1954||The Story Teller||Short Film|
|The Glenn Miller Story||1953||Glenn Miller||Movie|
|The Naked Spur||1953||Howard Kemp||Movie|
|G.E. True Theater||1953||Bart, Britt Ponset, Joe Newman||TV Show|
|Bend of the River||1952||Glyn McLyntock||Movie|
|Carbine Williams||1952||Marsh Williams||Movie|
|The Greatest Show on Earth||1952||'Buttons' A Clown||Movie|
|No Highway in the Sky||1951||Theodore Honey||Movie|
|Schlitz Playhouse||1951||Narrator||TV Show|
|Broken Arrow||1950||Tom Jeffords||Movie|
|Harvey||1950||Elwood P. Dowd||Movie|
|The Jackpot||1950||William J. 'Bill' Lawrence||Movie|
|Winchester '73||1950||Lin McAdam||Movie|
|The Jack Benny Program||1950||Jimmy Stewart||TV Show|
|And Then There Were Four||1950||Narrator||Short Film|
|The Stratton Story||1949||Monty Stratton||Movie|
|Call Northside 777||1948||P.J. McNeal||Movie|
|On Our Merry Way||1948||Slim||Movie|
|You Gotta Stay Happy||1948||Marvin Payne||Movie|
|10,000 Kids and a Cop||1948||Introductory Narration||Short Film|
|Magic Town||1947||Rip Smith||Movie|
|It's a Wonderful Life||1946||George Bailey||Movie|
|Come Live with Me||1941||Bill Smith||Movie|
|Pot o' Gold||1941||Jimmy Haskell||Movie|
|Ziegfeld Girl||1941||Gilbert Young||Movie|
|No Time for Comedy||1940||Gaylord Esterbrook||Movie|
|The Mortal Storm||1940||Martin Breitner||Movie|
|The Philadelphia Story||1940||Macaulay Connor||Movie|
|The Shop Around the Corner||1940||Alfred Kralik||Movie|
|Destry Rides Again||1939||Thomas Jefferson 'Tom' Destry Jr.||Movie|
|It's a Wonderful World||1939||Guy Johnson||Movie|
|Made for Each Other||1939||John Horace Mason||Movie|
|Mr. Smith Goes to Washington||1939||Jefferson Smith||Movie|
|The Ice Follies of 1939||1939||Larry Hall||Movie|
|Of Human Hearts||1938||Jason Wilkins||Movie|
|The Shopworn Angel||1938||Bill Pettigrew||Movie|
|Vivacious Lady||1938||Peter Morgan, Jr.||Movie|
|You Can't Take It With You||1938||Tony Kirby||Movie|
|Screen Snapshots Series 17, No. 12||1938||James Stewart||Movie|
|Navy Blue and Gold||1937||John Cross Carter||Movie|
|The Last Gangster||1937||Paul North||Movie|
|After the Thin Man||1936||David Graham||Movie|
|Born to Dance||1936||Ted Barker||Movie|
|Next Time We Love||1936||Christopher Tyler||Movie|
|Small Town Girl||1936||Elmer Clampett||Movie|
|The Gorgeous Hussy||1936||'Rowdy' Dow||Movie|
|Wife vs. Secretary||1936||Dave||Movie|
|Important News||1936||Cornelius Stevens (uncredited)||Short Film|
|The Murder Man||1935||'Shorty'||Movie|
|Art Trouble||1934||Jack Burton (uncredited)||Short Film|
James Stewart Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth 2020||$18 Million|
|Income Source||Primary Income source Movie Actor (profession).|