Everything that you need to know about your favorite, none other than Eamonn Holmes with his net worth, his height, weight and currently How old is She? with his career, movies, family members, and biography. This updated information compliments everything you need to know to keep a tab on the lifestyle followed by Eamonn Holmes with their earnings averaging monthly or yearly, how much Eamonn Holmes Net worth in 2020? and everything else that matters.
Eamonn Holmes Net Worth:$5 Million
Eamonn Holmes Biography
Eamonn Holmes OBE is an Irish journalist who began his media career in the 1990s. During his career, he hosted many shows and received several awards. He played several films, as well as several radio shows, besides TV shows. He also released his 2006 autobiography. He has more than 643 K followers on his Instagram, 1 M on his Twitter, and 161.1 K on his Facebook account. To learn more about him, read the article below.
What is Eamonn Holmes famous for?
- A Northern Irish reporter and broadcaster.
Quick Facts Of Eamonn Holmes
|Celebrated Name||Eamonn Holmes|
|Birth Name||Eamonn Holmes|
|Place Of Birth||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Education||Holy Family Primary School|
|Spouse||Gabrielle Holmes (M. 1985; Div. 2005) and Ruth Langsford (M. 2010 – Present)|
|Height||5 feet 11½ inches|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Brothers||Conor Holmes, Colm Holmes, Brain Holmes, and Leonard Holmes|
|College / University||St Malachy’s College and Dublin College of Business Studies|
|University||Queen’s University Belfast and University of Staffordshire|
|Total Number of Awards||07|
|First Award||TRIC Awards (2008)|
|Total Featured Movies||03|
Where is Eamonn Holmes from?
Returning to his early life, Eamonn was born in the year 1959 to his parents Leonard Holmes and Josephine Holmes under the birth sign of Sagittarius. He also has four siblings in Belfast, Northern Ireland, named Conor Holmes, Colm Holmes, Brain Holmes and Leonard Holmes, to whom they grow up. He has an Irish nationality and a White ethnicity. Additionally, he practices Catholicism.
He attended Holy Family Primary School for schooling, and St Malachy ‘s College, Belfast. He then went to Dublin College of Business Studies to study journalism. He later enrolled at Queen’s University Belfast where he received an honorary diploma. He has also been awarded an honorary diploma from Staffordshire University.
What does Eamonn Holmes do?
- Talking about his career journey, Eamonn started his early career days working for a business magazine based in Dublin.
- Later, following joining Ulster Television in 1979, he worked as a host and reporter for the station ‘s Farming Ulster program.
- He moved as an anchor to Ulster Television ‘s flagship program Good Evening Ulster in 1982.
- He also presented other productions on Ulster Television, including gala shows on Miss Northern Ireland in 1985 and 1986.
- He gained a Hometown Radio Award with Ulster Television.
- He left for BBC in 1986 where he worked as a presenter on the daytime Open Air program broadcast on BBC1 nationally.
- He began working at GMTV in 1993 where he will host the first show with Anne Davies. His subsequent co-host Anthea Turner had a fall-out.
- He was also the presenter of Phil Taylor vs. Raymond van Barneveld ‘s coverage of ITV’s showdown at the 1999 Wembley Conference Centre.
- He presented the game show Jet Set between 2001 and 2007 for the BBC National Lottery.
- He presented The Eamonn Holmes Show on Radio 5 Live on Saturday mornings for 6 years between 9 and 11 a.m., last airing on 30 May 2009 as Holmes’ contract with the BBC has not been renewed
- He hosted his program on Magic 105.4 radio station in London in 2005.
- He left GMTV the same year, stating that the show had run out of real news, and became obsessed with celebrities shortly before he left.
- Six months later , He joined Sky News to present the new-look Sunrise programme.
- He initially hosted the show with Lorna Dunkley from October 2005 through January 2007, then from 2007 to 2014 with Charlotte Hawkins.
- He has taken over the Sunday morning show on Radio 2 from Michael Parkinson in 2008.
- In 2016, after eleven years, He revealed that he had quit the program. He also presented panel show Channel 5 It’s Not Me, It’s You.
- He presented his radio show on Talkradio the same year. The series was called Let’s Talk With Eamonn Holmes and broadcast from 6 am to 8 am on Saturdays, and from 11 am to 1 pm on Sundays.
- Since April 2017, he has presented many episodes of Good Morning Britain to guests.
- He co-presented Do The Right Thing on Channel 5 in 2018, with Ruth Langsford. He’s hosted the weekday show on Talkradio the same year.
- In addition, several TV shows such as SUDO-Q (2005-07), Sunrise (2005-16), Songs of Praise (2009-14), Big Brother’s Bit on the Side (2014-18), Love Island: The Reunion (2018), Celebrity Gogglebox (2019) and several others have appeared.
- He also starred in a variety of movies, including Robots (2005), Mrs. Brown’s Boys D’Movie (2014), and Wonder Park (2019).
- Among these he writes a column for the newspaper The People. In May 2006 he also published his autobiography, “This is MY Story.”
What are the achievements of Eamonn Holmes?
During his career Eamonn Holmes has awarded several awards which are listed below:
- TRIC Awards-Personality on Satellite / Digital TV (2008-11)
- TRIC Awards-Host / Reporter News (2013)
- Industry Legend Award-Broadcasting and Journalism Services (2013)
- TRIC Awards-Presenter News (2018)
What are the controversies of Eamonn Holmes?
- During his career Eamonn Holmes was faced with several controversies. Often accused of opposing LGBT parenting when, in a 2000 GMTV segment, he told two gay interviewees that “you’re not supposed to have babies. You ‘re going against nature!”
- In 2011, in the show, This Morning, He elaborates singer Jonathan Wilkes as “retarded” in the air. After complaints he later apologized and calls for him to be sacked. He said: “I have to say sorry to three or four of you who are upset because I used the word retarded. You seem to have taken it personally or think I’m being insulted. I ‘d never want to do that. There’s this man who’s got an autistic child and said I’ve insulted his child. I ‘d never use it in that context.
- In 2020, the conspiracy theory that building 5 G masts had led to the coronavirus pandemic appeared to perpetuate He. In a feature on This Morning surrounding “Fake News” related to the virus he stated that he “didn’t accept mainstream media immediately slapping it down.” Later he read a statement that stated “there is no connection between the current national health emergency and 5 G, and to suggest otherwise would be wrong and indeed it could be dangerous.
Who is Eamonn Holmes Married to?
To date Eamonn Holmes was married twice. Firstly, in 1985 he married Gabrielle Holmes. The couple greeted three children together, named Declan, Rebecca and Nail Holmes. However, they divorced in 1995, taking a toll on their marriage due to his father’s death and journalism career.
He began a romantic relationship with Ruth Langsford in 1997 after that but the couple kept their relationship secret out of respect for Gabrielle and their children. The lovebirds later welcomed their first child in the year 2002. He married Ruth Langsford at Elevetham Hall, near Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, on June 26, 2010, after divorce with Gabrielle in 2005.
In 2011 the couple rescued a puppy from the shelter, Maggie. The couple are supporting the Dementia Friends campaign, which is an initiative of the Alzheimer’s society. He also became a famous ambassador for the charity of children, Variety GB.
What is Eamonn Holmes Salary?
Eamonn Holmes has received a good sum of money from his career as a reporter and broadcaster. As per the online sites, as of 2020 he reported a net worth of $ 5 million. His appearances in several films and radio hosts also add her fortune.
What is Eamonn Holmes’s height?
Eamonn Holmes is 5 feet tall, 111⁄2 inches high. He has a pair of hazel eyes, and hair color of salt and pepper. Its sexual orientation is however heterosexual.