Find recent updates about Coolio biography, net worth, salary, age, height, relationship, career, family, lifestyle, and more.
Coolio is best known for being a rapper, raised Artis Leon Ivey Jr., known for “Gangsta’s Paradise,” which won the award for MTV Video Music for Best Rap Video in 1996. He is also known for performing the opening theme of the ’90s Nickelodeon show, Keenan and Kel. Raised on August 1, 1963, in Compton, CA, he released a single called “Gangsta Walk” with Snoop Dogg. He released two unsuccessful albums, “Watcha Gon na Do” and “You’re Gon na Miss Me,” which landed with WC and the Maad Circle.
|Age||56 years old|
|Birthday & Zodiac|
|Birth Date||August 1, 1963|
|Birth Place||Compton, CA|
- Music Producer
Coolio Early Life
- Artis Leon Ivey Jr. is born in Compton, California. After attending Compton Community College, he worked as a volunteer firefighter and security officer at Los Angeles International Airport before becoming a rapper.
- He released two unsuccessful albums, “Watcha Gon na Do” and “You’re Gon na Miss Me,” which landed with WC and the Maad Circle.
Coolio Height, Weight & Body Measurements
Coolio is 56 years old, he is 5′ 8″ tall with Brown eyes and Black hairs. His body measurements are still not confirmed yet. We will update you as soon as possible. His zodiac sign is Leo.
|Height (Approx.)||5 Ft 8 In|
|Weight (Approx.)||85 Kg|
Career & Work Information
- In 1987, Coolio recorded two singles, ‘Watch Gonna Do’ and ‘Your Gonna Miss Me.’ He joined the band, the WC group, and the Maad Circle, four years later.
- In 1994, his debut solo album, ‘It Takes a Thief,’ featured a hit single, ‘Fantastic Voyage,’ which reached No. 3 on Billboard Hot 100, and minor hits, including ‘County Line’ and ‘I Remember.’
- Cashing on the success of ‘Gangsta’s Paradise,’ he released an album of the same name in 1995. This double platinum album had two hit singles: ‘1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin’ New)’ and ‘Too Hot.’
- Despite having formally quit the band, WC and the Maad Circle, he contributed to their second album, ‘Curb Servin,’ in 1995; he featured in the single, ‘In a Twist.’
- In 1996, he performed in the soundtrack of two films, ‘It’s All The Way Live (Now)’ and ‘Rock ’em Hard’ (with four other rappers), for the movies ‘Eddie’ and ‘Space Jam,’ respectively.
- His 1996 album, ‘My Soul’ (certified platinum), included a mega hit single, ‘C U When U Get There,’ but performed below expectations, and Tommy Boy Records ended their contract with the singer.
- Between 2001 and 2008, he released four albums, ‘Coolio.com,’ ‘El Cool Magnifico,’ ‘The Return of the Gangsta,’ and ‘Steal Hear,’ which did not appear on the charts.
- In 2002, he appeared on a television show named ‘Celebrity Fear Factor,’ ‘El Cool Magnifico,’ which became the name of his fourth studio album. He won the ‘Celebrity Bootcamp’ that year.
- In 2008, he hosted ‘Cookin’ with Coolio,’ an online cooking show with jazz artist Jarez, on the My Damn Channel website-a series-based cookbook was released the following year.
- In 2009, he appeared on a TV series called ‘Celebrity Big Brother.’ He appeared on ‘Ultimate Big Brother’ the following year, but was excluded from the house because of an inappropriate conduct against his housemates.
- In January 2012, he was the runner-up in the Food Network reality series, ‘Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off’. He represented the Music Saves Lives organization and won $10,000 for his charity.
- In 2013, he announced his intention to take his career as a chef to the next level; he intended to sell 123 of his songs, which would take him between $134,000 and $225,000 for that reason.
- Coolio’s 1994 album, ‘Takes a Thief,’ climbed to No. 8 on Billboard 200 and was certified to Platinum. The album was praised for its satirical approach to traditional gangsta rap themes.
- His song ‘Gangsta’s Paradise’ in the 1995 movie ‘Dangerous Minds’ stood at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 list for three weeks. It’s been a No.1 success in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- His hit single Fantastic Voyage made it # 3 on the top 100 Billboard in 1994.
Coolio Relationships & Marriage
- Coolio has given birth to six children from a relationship with four different women. Sometimes, he was not a good role model for his children. In 2013, he was charged with a battery for hitting his girlfriend.
Family & Relatives
|Mother||Josefa Salinas (Ex)|
|Children||Artis Ivey III, Grtis Ivey, Kate Ivey, Shayne Ivey|
- With Snoop Dogg, he released a single called “Gangsta Walk.”
Coolio Net Worth
Coolio is a well-known and popular Rapper. The main and primary source of his income comes from Music. Let’s check how rich Coolio is in 2020?
|Net Worth (2020)||$1.5 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review.|
|Income Source||Primary Income source Music (profession).|