Find recent updates about Cicely Tyson biography, net worth, salary, age, height, relationship, career, family, lifestyle, and more.
Cicely Tyson is an American actress, voiceover artist, producer, and former fashion model who has demonstrated her acting finesse by bringing to life several prominent African-American female characters in different projects. She also won awards including the Primetime Emmy Awards, the Black Reel Awards, the Screen Actors Guild Award, the Tony Award and the Academy Award and was awarded the Presidential Freedom Medal in November 2016.
Cicely Tyson is currently 95 according to her birthdate December 19, 1924
Harlem, Manhattan, New York City, United States
She has received honorary degrees from Clark Atlanta University, Columbia University, Howard University, and Morehouse College.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Former Fashion Model
- Father – William Augustine Tyson (Worked different jobs like carpenter, painter)
- Mother – Frederica Tyson (Domestic Worker)
- Siblings – Issac Tyson (Brother), Sandra Tyson (Sister)
- Others – John Tyson (Paternal Grandfather), Caroline Wilkes (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Huggins (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Sergeant (Maternal Grandmother), Cathy Tyson (Niece) (Actress)
Cicely Tyson is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cicely Tyson has dated –
- Kenneth Franklin – She married Kenneth Franklin on December 27, 1942, but the marriage eventually ended.
- Billy Dee Williams (1954-1966)
- Jimmy Kind (1959) – Rumor
- Miles Davis (1970-1988) – After being romantically involved for many years, she married jazz trumpeter Miles Davis on November 26, 1981, in a ceremony conducted by Atlanta mayor Andrew Young at the home of actor Bill Cosby. Tyson and Davis had a rough married life due to Davis’ volatile temper and infidelity and Tyson filed for divorce in 1988.
Race / Ethnicity
Cicely Tyson is of African-Nevisian descent.
- Often portrayed strong images of women
- High cheekbones
She was part of a National Coffee Association Commercial in 1984.