Find recent updates about Chris Hansen biography, net worth, salary, age, height, relationship, career, family, lifestyle, and more.
Chris Hansen is best known for his work as a journalist. Journalist who became famous for his work with Dateline NBC To Capture a Killer. He was born on March 26, 1959 in Lansing, MI. He made a guest appearance at Larry King Live in 2007. During his senior year at Michigan State University, he got his first job with NBC.
|Age||60 years old|
|Birthday & Zodiac|
|Birth Date||March 26, 1959|
|Birth Place||Lansing, MI|
- News Reporter
- He attended Brother Rice High School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Hansen became a reporter for Lansing NBC's WILX affiliate in 1981 during his senior year at Michigan State University. He then reported on WFLA in Tampa, various radio stations and newspapers in Michigan.
- During his senior year at Michigan State University, he got his first job with NBC.
Chris Hansen Height, Weight & Body Measurements
Chris Hansen is 60 years old, he is 6′ 2″ tall. His body measurements are still not confirmed yet. We will update you as soon as possible. His zodiac sign is Aries.
|Height (Approx.)||6 Ft 2 In|
- His pioneering work includes reporting of the Columbine High School shooting, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Unabomber and the TWA Flight 800 crash, and investigative reports on Indian child slave labour and illegal prescription drug trafficking in China. Hansen was responsible for much of Dateline's coverage of the September 11 attacks, as well as reports about militant groups and Al-Qaeda activities. He also clarified how a group linked to Osama Bin Laden attempted to procure missiles and nuclear weapons materials, and also worked on an exclusive study on the hijacking of Air France Flight 8969. His focus on the lack of protection at airports contributed to the launch of an inquiry by the Federal Aviation Administration and the eventual review of its policies.
To Catch a Predator
- Volunteers from Perverted-Justice impersonated underage teenagers (usually 13–15) in online chat rooms and decided to have sex with adults. The meeting locations were “sting rooms,” where NBC news crews and, in later shows, local police were searching for a possible sexual predator.
- Dateline NBC produced three Tuesday night spin-offs of his initial concept; Hansen hosted To Catch a Con Man and To Catch an I.D. Thief, guy. In March 2007, Hansen's book, To Catch a Predator: Protecting Your Kids from Online Enemies Already in Your Home, was launched on the American market
- In February 2015, Hansen revealed that he will host a new Investigation Discovery series called Killer Instinct that chronicled murder cases. The show's first 10-episode season premiered on August 17, 2015.
Nominations & Awards
- Hansen has won seven Emmy Awards, four Edward Murrow Awards, three Clarion Awards, the Overseas Press Club Award, the IRE Award, the National Press Club Award, the International Association of Investigative Journalists Award, and the Associated Press and United Press International Awards for Excellence.
Family & Relatives
|Spouse||Mary Joan Hansen|
Chris Hansen Controversy about his Girl Friend
- In 2011, as in the fourth month of business with former TV newswoman Kristyn Caddell, Kristyn introduced himself to Hansen in the VIP area at the Blue Martini Lounge in Palm Beach in March 2011. The matter was brought to light in July 2011.
- In an open letter, Caddell wrote, Chris told me that divorce was imminent, and the wedding ring on his finger was all but a show. He'd even speak to my family on the phone, “I don't wish Chris any harm, but our affair has permanently ruined my career.”
- He made a special appearance at Larry King Live in 2007.
Chris Hansen Net Worth
Chris Hansen is a well-known and popular Journalist. The main and primary source of his income comes from Journalism. Let’s check how rich Chris Hansen is in 2020?
|Net Worth (2020)||$1.5 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review.|
|Income Source||Primary Income source Journalist (profession).|