Billy Joel Biography
Billy Joel is best known as Pianist, Singer, Songwriter, Producer who has an estimated Net Worth of $225 Million. Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter and pianist who gained fame for his song “Piano Man” and became the third best-selling solo artist in the United States. He was born on May 9,1949, New York City, NY. From 1973 to 2013, he wrote 33 top forty hits, including “Just the Way You Are,” which hit #3 in 1977. He learned boxing to defend himself from bullies, and won 22 bouts in the amateur Golden Gloves circuit. He played the piano at bars to help support his mother while in high school. In 1994, he went on the Face to Face tour with Elton John, however they later had a public spat because of critical comments Elton made about Joel. He married Elizabeth Weber on September 5, 1973, Christie Brinkley on March 23, 1985, Katie Lee on October 2, 2004, and Alexis Roderick on July 4, 2015. He has a daughter named Alexa. His zodiac sign is Taurus
Billy Joel Bio, Wiki
|Middle Name||Joseph Martin|
|Full Name at Birth||William Joseph Martin Joel|
|Alternative Name||Mr. Long Island, The Piano Man, Bill Martin|
|Birthday||9th May, 1949|
|Birthplace||The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States|
|Height||5' 5½” (166 cm)|
|Eye Color||Brown – Dark|
|High School||Hicksville High School, Hicksville, Long Island, New York, United States (Was Suppose To Graduate In 1967) (Did Not Graduate Until 1992)|
|Occupation Text||Pianist, Singer, Songwriter, Producer|
|Claim to Fame||Piano Man|
|Music Genre (Text)||Rock, Pop Rock, Rock And Roll, Classical, Soft Rock, Pop, piano rock|
|Music Genre||Rock, Pop/Rock, Piano|
|Year(s) Active||1964–present, 1965–present|
|Music Style||Singer/Songwriter, Soft Rock, Contemporary Pop/Rock, Album Rock|
|Music Mood||Amiable/Good-Natured, Autumnal, Refined/Mannered, Nostalgic, Cynical/Sarcastic, Soothing, Earnest, Acerbic, Brash, Rousing, Rollicking, Playful, Bittersweet, Sentimental, Passionate, Energetic, Searching, Yearning, Melancholy, Exuberant, Restrained|
|Instrument||Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Organ, Synthesizer, Harmonica|
|Instrument (text)||Vocals, Piano, Organ, Keyboards, Guitar, Harmonica, Accordion|
|Record Label||Columbia, Family Productions, Sony Classical|
|Associated Acts||The Echoes, The Hassles, Attila, Elton John, Cyndi Lauper, Billy Joel Band, Paul McCartney, John Mellencamp, Ray Charles, Tony Bennett|
|Talent Agency (e.g. Modelling)||Splash Talent, Richard De La Font Agency|
|Brand Endorsement||TV Commercial for Bachman Pretzels (1972)|
|Official Websites||www.nndb.com/people/683/000022617/, http://www.billyjoel.com, www.biography.com/people/billy-joel-9354859, http://billyjoel.com|
|Brother||Alexander Joel (Half Brother) (Musical Director)|
Billy Joel Dating, Wife, Girlfriends and Relationships
- Alexis Roderick and Billy Joel have been married for 5 years. They were dating for 5 years after getting together in Dec 2009 and were married on 4th Jul 2015.
- Deborah Dampiere and Billy Joel dated in September, 2009.
- Alex Donnelley and Billy Joel dated from May to August, 2009.
- Katie Lee and Billy Joel were married for 5 years. They dated for 1 year after getting together in May 2003 and married on 2nd Oct 2004. 5 years later they divorced in 2010.
- Billy Joel and Dina Meyer dated from January to May, 2001.
- Trish Bergen and Billy Joel dated from May, 2001 to 2002.
- Carolyn Beegan and Billy Joel had a relationship from Jan 1994 to Jan 2000.
- Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel were married for 9 years. They dated for 1 year after getting together in Apr 1983 and married on 23rd Mar 1985. 9 years later they divorced on 25th Aug 1995.
- Harriet Baldwin-Carter and Billy Joel dated in 1983.
- Billy Joel is rumored to have hooked up with Elle Macpherson in 1981.
- Elizabeth Weber and Billy Joel were married for 8 years. They dated for 2 years after getting together in 1971 and married on 5th Sep 1973. 8 years later they divorced on 19th Jul 1982.
Billy Joel Children
|Alexa Ray||Female||29th December, 1985||34 years old||Christie Brinkley|
|Della Rose||Female||12th August, 2015||5 years old||Alexis Roderick|
Billy Joel Filmography
|Kevin Can Wait||2016||Billy Joel||TV Show|
|Mad About You||1992||Billy Joel||TV Show|
|Oliver & Company||1988||Dodger (voice)||Movie|
Billy Joel Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth 2020||$225 Million|
|Income Source||Primary Income source Rock Singer (profession).|